5.6.07

DRIVING me crazy

This morning I was really excited about everything. I had idea's to throw a party/meet and greet/coctail/brunch THING (lol) but now I'm totally through with it. It always feels like a have these great idea's that i'm sure people would love but I never have the funds to pull them off. Money is always a problem. It defenitely takes money to make money, but I don't have ANY. And i'm not just doing it for the money, I mean I want to do it. Not only will it be fun but will provide a network for young, black, dc urbanites to meet and connect. It would be great. But whatever, i'm about to flush the whole idea down the toilet. Who cares, No one but me anyway.

People always want to see or do great things but never want to do the legwork behind it. Have you found that too? I mean, there are very few people in the world who dedicate themselves to something and are actually dependable when it comes to the hardwork that it takes to get the job done. Who can you count on? No one but yourself. I guess it always happens like that. When you're in the driver's seat the burden falls upon your sholders no matter how many people are in the car. It's your job to navigate through the traffic while everyone else decides to go to sleep. It's not fair but that's how it always happens.

I just wish for once I can meet people who weren't just about talk (talking about ideas, future, etc.) but were about action. I wish for once I can meet people who are just as excited as I am about programs, parties, ideas, to help keep me motivated as well. Where are you? I'm right here. If you're one of those people (a doer and not just a talker) come holler at me, because I want to start doing now, RIGHT NOW!!

...but if that's not you, I guess I'll have to do it by myself. Been doing by myself till now anyway.

(Disclaimer, this has come from years of pent of frustrations including but not limited to BSA, Kiamsha, personal endeavors, whatever)

3 comments:

jendayi said...

I often find that it's hard to become as motivated as you are on certain ideas if they're not your own. I do think you have great ideas, but someone such as myself or any other person for that matter is not going to be as attached at the hip as you are. Coming up with an idea WITH someone else might launch you further.

Deja~I~Am said...

you are 100% right. That is good advice.

T.a.c.D said...

as well as going to people that would be willing to partner with you in a GOOD idea, i guess this goes with coming up with the idea WITH someone, but you can always take it to "investors" and see what happens